Saturday, February 20, 2010

Work of Art

Something inside of me
Said just go ahead, give the best you can
That’s what I have done
No matter what
I went there, I came here.
In total fear,
I tried this I have tried that
Falling flat
I never could imagine
It wasn’t allowed
To become who I am
The one that I wanted of me

A pedestal upon if only to reach
For the stars rightfully owned
I would preach and preach
I took charge in as much as I could
Fighting toward the greater good
I was brought to a higher place

Little did I know?
The penance of Fenn
To pay his very soul
With emptiness within…

Like a crumb that fell from the table
The afterthought of not being able
That person who never should have never existed
The one somebody just did
The best of with what could
We did not choose to be here
Give it to us square
Really no body gets it
No body cares

We are all born as perfect
Our past erases the fit
Of a little piece of paradise
Held within the light
Of never being wrong or right
Just of being and that is
Enough to begin and end with
That’s a start

Fennigan T 11-7-09

No comments:

Post a Comment