Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bright New day!

I was swamped in misery
Caught up in despair
Head hanging low
Feeling nothing was fair
Encompassed in delusion
Of what was supposed to be

I walked it through
Wondering aloud
What to do
When you’re alone in a crowd

Then I remembered
Something and old man said
That Mother Nature doesn’t make a storm
That last forever
Looking to the sky
Instead of the ground
I saw a light
On me shining down


It was midnight and the rain began to clear
The fog was low but lifting
The moon was a day less full
I was in tune and listing
I feel asleep while smiling

When I awoke the light was there
Shining into my heart
Energy from the end
A funny way to start

As I walked outside
The leaves crackle under my feet
The sun beams setting me free
Bright and beautiful and shining
Sprinkling sparkles of light are all I see

I have shed my cocoon of desperation
With my blessing
In moment of elation
As if I had learned my final lesson

I have stretched my wings
That had fallen from grace
I fly with the spirit divine
Touching the beautiful face

Of unconditional love
Forgiveness being set free
Basking in the light of
This beauty in me……………
Fennigan T.11-1-09

No comments:

Post a Comment