Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Bye Face Book

GOOD BYE FACE BOOK
I opened my fb account a little over a year ago. It was a nifty little toy that quickly became addictive. Day after day, night after night, hour after hour I built my online personality. Each morning with coffee I checked face book. Throughout the day I logged in to see if there were any notifications. Many nights I spent looking for a useful quote that seemed worthy of my online persona to show as my status for the following day. After almost a year I scoured thoroughly my site. I slowly realized I had been discovering myself through this cyber media medium. It was an epiphany type moment where I went well duh! Fennigan became the online person I created and the online personality that I created was the actual Fennigan that I am.
This mirror of me I used to reflect to the cyber space mirrors of other people created to reflect their online personality to me and many others. Now I will admit that there is such a dynamic in the friendship ring of face book that unless you look you will probably only see mirrors that look like you. But as with life if you push your comfort zone and look further as with the world there are more and more different people out there. I don’t pretend to know or even care how many face book users there are. But I can tell like the global societies we have on this planet. Pretty much everybody hangs with their own kind.
Yesterday I deactivated my face book account and started this blog. I found myself looking into the face book mirror to long and seeing that nothing was changing. So I am off on my own now. In the blogosphere as independent and as alone as one can be in this world of cyber type. Good luck to me and to all the mirror less souls out there…………
Good Bye face book
Good bye mirror
Good bye friends
Good bye notifications
With out you I still type
With out you I still think
With out you I am fine
With out you I am mine……….
FenniganT 2.22.10

No comments:

Post a Comment