Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ten Million Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand

Fuck bright,
Fuck beautiful,
30000 a day,
Starve to death,
30000 a day,
How many are left,
How can it go on?
Little ones,
The most precious ones,
Our future,
Our viewing glass,
Of how God looks at us,
30000 a day waste away,
Don’t look dismayed,
Don’t act afraid,
Not your fault,
Surely can’t be mine,
Cause I know,
We are the caring kind,
Why?
I don’t know,
How,
I see,
Where is this circle going.
What’s the way we flowing.
Where there’s a white dove,
Who’s the friend of?
What’s the fare love?
I can pay,
I can play,
That and this,
Scuse me miss,
Didn’t mean to piss,
On the parade,
Scuse me sir,
Did I make you afraid?
Are you disturbed?
Did I get you dismayed?
Change the channel,
Change to flannel,
Who soiled the sheet?
Who’s got the meat?
30000,
Today,
30000,
Tomorrow,
Am I not supposed to bleed?
Am I not supposed to plead?
For their sorrow,
Feed your pain,
Open up the sky,
To the rain,
God please bring us back again,
To the space of love and peace,
Of manna and mercy,
Father please forgive me,
I show it dark,
I say it loud,
Through the pain,
I am so proud,
To be your son,
But I question,
Who was your only one?
That died today……………

FenniganT 12.9.10

No comments:

Post a Comment