Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodbye Brother

A brotherhood born in blood. A little more than twenty one year ago. Bonded in years of lusting silver platinum and gold. Partaking in the fat of the land. Awaking in the beds of queens. Stealing at night from our kings. Built an empire of our own. Filled with cages and traps for the best we found. Round the earth and deep in the valley justice finally came. To our place exerting its reign. My brother was captured by his own desire before and the enemy imprisoned him after. I rebuilt brick by brick the wall. Years past and a future shone through. My brother came home and I knew what to do. His room was ready and with maidens in wait. Oh what a party we gave. Now fifteen years later we are back again. The circle went round to the same choice as before. Which do I choose, life or death. Today I'm smarter and wiser. I know it can't go on. My brother is in the belly beast. It has eating him whole. Today I have let him go. A memory I keep of that redhead boy at nineteen. Smiling and happy looking ahead. Has me sad of the life he could have led.

No comments:

Post a Comment